Samsung HMX-U10 HD Camcorder: 1st Review, Photos, Videos
I recently purchased an ultra compact HD camcorder by Samsung from Costco.com and Loreena Yeo left a comment for me, asking if I had made any videos using it yet...so I'd like to thank her for being the inspiration of this blog post!
- Size - It's the perfect size for a handheld camcorder (2.2" W x 4.06" H x 0.61" D).
- Weight - At 3.4 ounces, it's so much lighter than my digital camera!
- Color - I love red! This one's best described as a matte metallic jewel-tone ruby red.
- Video Quality - Wow...after taking digital camera quality videos, this is a HUGE improvement!!! If you'd like to compare the quality, just visit my YouTube Channel and watch my previous (non-HD) videos. Ugh! :)
- No flash - I still haven't tested the video in low light conditions (camcorders typically don't come with flash anyway), but the low light photos came out better than I expected!
- No zoom - When you take HD video in the highest resolution/setting, there is no zoom available. I haven't tried the lower settings yet.
- Photo quality - Although the photos seem to be better quality than my iPhone photos, I don't think they're as good as those I take with my digital camera. In all fairness, I should take the same photo with all three devices before I make a decision! Here are a couple I took on a cloudy day almost at sundown:
Here are a couple videos I took as well in the same conditions and highest settings with no zoom, unedited:
Since Costco has a 90-day return policy on their electronics, I will continue to use this Samsung HD camcorder and see if it's something I want to keep. I probably will, based on the fact that it's extremely portable, takes clear videos (the slight choppiness I noticed may be videographer error?) and for the low $100's I think it's just worth keeping for being able to take short video clips and share them on YouTube.
BOB & LEILANI SOUZA
Real Estate Investment Specialists
Southwest Placer County, CA
Bob Souza - 925.513.3400 - email@example.com
Leilani Souza - 916.408.5500 - firstname.lastname@example.org
FORECLOSURES : TRUSTEE'S SALE AUCTIONS : INVESTMENTS
LOTS AND LAND : PROPERTY MANAGEMENT : RENTALS
Roseville : Rocklin : Lincoln : Loomis : Granite Bay
Auburn : Newcastle : Penryn : Meadow Vista