Christmas Star Cookie Recipe
These are stunning cookies that really capture Christmas with a festive combination of green sugar sprinkles and red strawberry jam. You'll need 2" and 4" star cookie cutters, 2 cookie sheets and parchment paper for this recipe, which will make about 12 cookies. Also, the dough needs to be refrigerated for at least 3 hours, so plan ahead! :)
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
green sugar sprinkles
strawberry jam or preserves
- Cream butter and sugar until smooth, then mix in eggs and vanilla extract. Gradually stir in the flour, baking powder and salt. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Cut 4 pieces of parchment paper the size of your cookie sheets. Roll out half of the dough between 2 sheets of parchment paper to 1/8" thick. Lift off top sheet of parchment paper, then cut 4" stars at least 2" apart. Remove the dough around the stars and place the parchment paper with stars on one cookie sheet.
- Do the same with the remaining half of the dough and also cut 2" stars inside of the 4" stars (these will make the top half of the cookies). Sprinkle with green sugar sprinkles.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes at 350 degrees. Let cookies cool completely.
- Spread 1 tbsp. of strawberry jam in the middle of the full star cookies, then place the cutout star cookies on top and press gently.
BOB & LEILANI SOUZA
Real Estate Investment Specialists
Southwest Placer County, CA
Bob Souza - 925.513.3400 - email@example.com
Leilani Souza - 916.408.5500 - firstname.lastname@example.org
HOMES : CONDOS : LOTS & LAND : REAL ESTATE INVESTMENTS
1031 EXCHANGES : PROPERTY MANAGEMENT : RENTALS
Roseville : Rocklin : Granite Bay : Loomis : Penryn
Newcastle : Lincoln : Auburn : Meadow Vista